Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My new keyboard - Trust Isla


I always liked Mac things, especially the way they look like. This holds also for keyboards, although I've never used it for a longer time. Recently I've seen great-looking Mac-like keyboard Trust Isla (yeah, I know, Trust, but I've never had a problem with theirs warranty :)).

The manufacturer pictures looked truly great, but I've learned not to believe them. I've been googling for some user picture of this keyboard, but haven't found anything. So I gave it a change and here are the photos.

I'm using it only for a couple of hours, so it's hard to say whether the keyboard is good or not, maybe I'll post some notes later. The first thing I've noticed - the keys are quite shallow (yeah, I'm a huge fan of old deep keyboards with classical layout :), as I feel comfortable with them). Maybe I get used to it. And don't be scared by the weird layout (it's the czech one). You'll we be surely able to get some normal one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the post, I'm from Hungary and I plan to buy one. Your photo shoots are great, looking forward to your next posts and opinions about your new gadget.
hi: Tom

Anonymous said...

dunno what to say as owner of kb,
cheap plastic, slight easy to deform. the ins/del/home... buttons are quite not nice placed. {made in china}.. you should find a sony one (example http://www.sony.co.uk/product/mouses---keyboards/vgp-bkb1). I'm saying about sony because apple kb has different buttons for functions.

SorryForMyEnglish said...

The Sony KB looks good, but - it's about money, the sony is ten times more expensive :|

Anonymous said...

Hello, Can you tell me what is the touch technology? is it "scissor" switch?
By the way, is the keyboard noisy?

Thanks =)

Kaaia said...

Ahoj,

I'am going to buy this keyboard. You are using it quite a long time. Could you please drop some notes and experiences?

Thanks,
--kb

SorryForMyEnglish said...

Sorry for the delay. The keyboard is quite fine. Keys are relatively silent, it starts to make some noise only when I write a long part of text at higher speed (200 chars/minute). After several months it is still clean (there is almost no space where some breadcrumbs can fall into), only the silver color around the arrow keys starts to disappear (the base color is black). Still I think it's worth the money.

Jacky Cola said...

Oh look, one year old. I have that piece of plastic an I love it. The Dirt thing is a huge pro. I have also no problem playing games, which i do a lot.
The question is a year old, but just if anyone still interested: this is not scissor switch. It's the standard type i see in almost every keyboard.

Unknown said...

Benutze die Trust ISLA jetzt schon weit über 10 Jahre.
Die Tastatur Funktioniert immer noch als hätte ich sie gestern gekauft.
Die silberne Farbe habe ich jedoch mittlerweile abschleifen müssen (war unansehnlich)
Mir gefällt sie so noch besser.